You may start out small but you'll grow into something beautiful

Monday, October 18, 2010

Chap. 2 of Letters to Mallory

Chapter two
       

When we reached the house I opened the door and we both walked in. Mom was in the kitchen. “Morning Bella” mom turned around with a big smile. “Where have you been?” I turned to look at Mallory on what to say but she was already talking. “We were at the park by the stream!” Mallory’s voice said loud and clear.

         “Well that’s great” she responded “how was it?” Mallory looked at me. “It was fun” i said and Mallory smiled happily. “What for breakfast mom.” I said trying to change the subject. “Pancakes and eggs. “Oh yes” Mallory said “ I love eggs.”      
I showed Mallory to the table, and she sat down very happily. Mallory’s family was not as


Fortunate as we were, they lived in a small house next door with no electricity, and they were soon to lose their water. So Mallory spent most of her time here with our family the Briscoes.

         As Mallory sat chomping on her pancakes and eggs I stared outside. Maybe it was a beautiful day outside. Maybe Mallory was right. “You ok Bella” Mallory said with a full mouth. “I’m fine” I said “I’m just fine.”

        When we were both finished I brought Mallory and my plate up to the sink and washed them then we got ready to go back outside.
I immediately began to walk to the stream but Mallory stopped me. “Wait” she said “let’s do something different.” “Like what?” i asked not seeing anything els.


 “Hide and seek!” Mallory’s eyes searched my face with excitement.  I thought about that and realized knowing Mallory I would be it first, but who cared. So I nodded my head.

“Ok then, will you be it, please!!!!” Mallory begged. Once again I nodded my head.
        Mallory dashed off and screamed that i had to count to 10.so I did “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10… here I come!” This had to be easy where she could have gone. I walked over to the stream to look there. “Mallory!”  But nothing. Then i walked over to the edge of the forest “are you in there.” But she wasn’t where she was.

        “Mallory!” I screamed “I give up.”  I listened very closely to the sound of the wind and then I heard leaves cracking behind me. I quickly turned around and there was Mallory lying on the ground looking at something.


“What’s that?” I asked. “Come see.” When I got to her side she held up a pink flower. “It’s the last one in the park I’ve never seen it before.” Mallory’s eyes were locked on the plant. “I was hiding behind this tree and I saw it under the leaves.”I stared at the plant she was holding it was very beautiful. “Maybe we could keep it” I said “and put it in a glass of water.” Mallory smiled “ok” she said.
        On the way home I was still wondering what type of flower it was and when we got home i asked mom. “What type of flower is this” I said holding up the pink flower. “Oh” said mom “it’s an Erigon, sweetie I had those at my wedding.” Mom didn’t bother to look again she just kept on doing the dishes, so ran back to Mallory.

“It’s an Erigon” I said to her excitedly. “Great she said then that what we’ll call it”



 Mallory smiled at me. “call what?” i said completely confused.  Mallory danced to the door and looked out over the park “that!”

No comments:

Post a Comment